Wellington to Victorian Border
- Duration: 5 Days
- Location: Wellington, SA
This section of the river was the scene of the first paddle steamers. On this popular cruise you will pass through a number of major towns, under bridges and through 6 locks. This stretch of the river offers the greatest scenic variety, flowing through dairy farmland, willow lined river banks, spectacular high golden cliffs, station country, river flats and irrigated orchards. Bird life abounds and this section is rich in Aboriginal and Europe history. The cruise ends at the Old Customs House at the South Australian & Victorian Borders.
- Transfers back to Wellington at the end of your cruise;
- Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Heritage Tour;
- Old railway station tour and chat at Morgan;
- Talk, Wine Tasting & Lunch at Banrock Station;
- Pass under the Paringa Lift Bridge;
- Gourmet Morning Tea & Tour at Chowilla Station;
- Enjoy a BBQ lunch at the SA/VIC Border
- Ensuite motel style accommodation at: Mannum, Waikerie, Loxton and Renmark.